Saturday, January 28, 2006

Three Things

Ok, so I wasn't "tagged", but Heather suggested in her blog that we all should list 'three things you may not know about me'. Those who know me well probably know this stuff, but it's still fun!

1) I didn't learn how to ride a 2 wheel bicycle until I was 12. Yes, that's right - 12. I had training wheels up until then! Several people tried unsuccessfully to teach me, including my step-father's ex-wife. Granted, she tried to teach me on a cement sidewalk (it didn't go well). I finally learned to ride my bicycle on the slight grassy hill in our back yard at the instruction of my brother Robert.

2) I only eat bread if it's toasted. I never got into the white bread sandwich thing as a child, as my poor brother Kevin discovered. He is 10 years older, so my parents often tasked him with being my babysitter. Every sandwich had to be on toasted bread or I wouldn't touch it. I had no idea how much this scarred him until I was at his house a few months ago - he asked if I wanted a sandwich, and of course I said "yes! On toast, please." - he rolled his eyes and yelled "TOAST! Always with the damn toast!". Ironically, I bought him a toaster (at his request) for Christmas a few years ago.

3) When I was very young (say, around 3 or 4), I refused to wear pants because "princesses don't wear pants". Instead, I insisted on wearing dresses - long dresses - every day. Even to go out in the yard and play. Needless to say, I tripped a lot, but still. I was a princess. My mother would on occasion hold me down and forcibly put pants on me under my dress just in case I fell (again).

No comments: